Announcement of International Form in Commemoration of the Visit of MPG President
Announcement of International Form
in Commemoration of the Visit of MPG President
– International Creative Economy Forum from the Perspective of World-Renowned Science Scholars
We are pleased to announce that Max Planck POSTECH/Korea Research Initiative (MPK) and POSTECH will hold a forum on the diffusion of basic research and the role of research-oriented universities to realize a successful creative economy with world-renowned science scholars in attendance. Your participation will be greatly appreciated.
○ Date & Time: Monday, June 24, 2013 (4:00-5:30 pm)
○ Venue: International Conference Room (1F), POSCO Internatinal Center
○ Host: MPK and POSTECH
○Title : Basic Science and the Diffusion of Research Outcome in the Era of Creative Economy
– Speaker 1: Peter Gruss, MPG President
(Title: The Role of Excellence-Driven Basic Research Institute)
– Speaker 2: Yongmin Kim, POSTECH President
(Title: The Role of Research-Oriented University from Basic Research to Commercialization)
– Panel Discussion: Paul Chu (Former President of the Hong Kong University of Science and
Technology), Doochul Kim (President of Korea Institute for Advanced Study)
☞ A simultaneous interpretation service will be provided during the forum.