World Heritage Exploration Team
POSTECH offers students the opportunity to broaden their thinking through diverse cultural and social experiences in various countries around the world, as well as to experience challenging spirit, open-mind, and team-work and grow into global talent.
- The scholarship fund was created with the generous support of the late Ms. Bang Myung-sook (Japanese name: Nakamura Dosie), a Korean who resided and later became a citizen of Japan since 2000.
- Due to the increase in demand from students, the scholarship have been expanded from the Seok-Chun culture and art fund(donated by KISWIRE CEO, Young-Chul Hong) since 2018.
- March each yea
How to select
- Students themselves choose the regions and fields to explore and submit the exploration plan. POSTECH evaluates their documents and presentations to offer financial support to 3 or 4 teams that cover the expenses needed for the exploration.
- Starting from 2000, 20 times until 2019
- Number of participating teams and participants: 65 teams, 145 participants
- 12 teams applied in 2019 and 3 teams were selected for final selection