POSTECH Commencement Ceremony for the 2021 Academic Year
Friday, May 13, 2022 (10:55 am), POSTECH Gymnasium
|Academic Procession||10:55~11:00||Marching order: Faculty → Executives → Guests → Chairman, President|
|Pledge of Allegiance||11:01~11:02||Pledge of Allegiance|
|Report on Academic Affairs||11:03~11:05||Report on Academic Affairs||Vice President of Academic Affairs|
|President’s Address to the Graduates||11:05~11:10||Commencement Address||President Moo-Hwan Kim|
|Complimentary Address||11:10~11:15||Complimentary Address||Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees|
|Conferment of Degrees||11:15~11:45||PhDs → Masters → Bachelors||PhD degree candidates are individually called to the platform and recognized (guided by their advisor).
Master’s and bachelor’s degree candidates are individually called to the platform and recognized.
|Honors and Awards||11:45~11:52||Valedictorian (Founding Chairman’s Award)
Top of the Field (1)
Chang Kun Soo Award
Sung-Kee Chung Award
School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Convergence Award
Hogil Kim Award
POSTECH Alumni Association Chairman Award
|Vice Chairman, Dr. Deok-rak Lee.
Vice Chairman, Dr. Deok-rak Lee.
Chairman of the Hogil Kim Memorial Association
Chairman of the POSTECH Alumni Association
|Student Address||11:52~11:55||Representative of graduates|
|Closing Remarks||11:55~12:00||Closing Remarks||Guests and faculty shake hands with graduates before leaving the ceremony hall and move to the place for luncheon.|
- 1) In order to ensure a memorable commencement experience for you and your guests, please gather at the main stadium POSTECH Gymnasium in academic regalia by 10:40.
- 2) On-stage photographs of candidates will be taken by a university photographer and uploaded to the university gallery website(http://gallery.postech.ac.kr/)
- 3) Please do not approach the stage area.
- 4) This schedule is subject to change.
2. Gown/Hood Rental
- 1) Pick-up/return hours: Thu, May. 12 – Fri, May. 13, 2022 (5:00 pm)
- 2) Pick-up/return location: POSTECH Cleaners (Basement of Dorm Bldg. 14, Tel. 054-279-2663)
- 3) Rental and laundry fees
– Bachelors : ￦7,000
– Masters (hood included) : ￦14,000
– PhDs (hood included) : ￦20,000
3. Shuttle Bus Service
- Pohang Station (KTX)
|Shuttle||Route||Shuttle Time||Train No.||Route||Train Time|
|POSTECH Shuttle bus||Pohang Station → POSTECH||08:20 ~ 08:50||231||Seoul Station → Pohang Station||05:40~08:07|
|POSTECH Shuttle bus||Pohang Station → POSTECH||09:20 ~ 09:50||233||Seoul Station → Pohang Station||06:45~09:08|
|POSTECH Shuttle bus||POSTECH Admin Bldg. → Pohang Station||15:40 ~ 16:10||248||Pohang Station → Seoul Station||16:23~18:57|
- ※ Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- POSCO International Center
|POSTECH Gymnasium ↔ POSCO International Center||12:05 ~ 12:10||POSTECH Shuttle bus|
4. Contact Information
- TEL: 054-279-9142, 9145
- Email: email@example.com