POSTECH Distinguished Lecture by U.S. Ambassador to Korea Sung Y. Kim
The U.S. Ambassador to Korea Sung Y. Kim is to deliver a distinguished lecture at POSTECH as below. It will be his first lecture at a Korean university since appointed as Ambassador to Korea. All Postechians are highly welcome to join us in this occasion. Please refer to the poster and text below for more details.
1. Time and date: February 28th, 2012 (Tuesday) at 11:00 am
2. Venue: Auditorium, Ground Floor, POSCO International Center
3. Title: The U.S.-ROK Alliance in the 21st Century
4. Summary: Ambassador Kim’s approximately 25-minute remarks to a POSTECH university audience outlines the four pillars of the U.S.-ROK alliance that will lead us through the 21st century. With an historic partnership securely anchored in shared values and understanding, Ambassador Kim describes today’s U.S.-ROK relationship as flourishing well beyond our traditional military alliance to include deepening economic ties, expanding people-to-people relationships, and emerging global cooperation in fields such as science and technology. He notes that he chose POSTECH to deliver his speech because, today more than ever, we are depending on scientists and engineers to solve the world’s pressing global challenges. As the world becomes more globalized, Ambassador Kim emphasizes that cooperation will become even more important and POSTECH’s scientists will need to operate as global science diplomats in order to affect positive change. His remarks inspire confidence in the U.S.-ROK alliance, an enduring cooperative relationship that will continue to grow and thrive.
5. Inquiries: POSTECH International Relations Office (Tel. 279-3685, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
February 22nd, 2012
POSTECH International Relations Office